Re: Recover data from aborted transactions

From: Aaron Spike <spikeac(at)mlc-wels(dot)edu>
To: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recover data from aborted transactions
Date: 2019-09-12 20:03:25
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't remember exactly what I read to get this idea. Perhaps it was this
particular presentation slide:
https://www.slideshare.net/pgdayasia/postgresql-wal-for-dbas/15

The great news is that it must. Some of the helpful folks on IRC introduced
me to two different methods of retrieving the information I was looking for
from my backups. I tested both and they worked excellently.

Using pg_filedump I was able to find the records in the raw files on disk:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pg_filedump.git
And with the pg_dirtyread extension I was able to have access to the
records from the running database server:
https://github.com/df7cb/pg_dirtyread

--
This electronic communication, including any attached
documents, may