Feature bug dumpall CREATE ROLE postgres

From: Jim Wilson <jim(at)wreath(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Feature bug dumpall CREATE ROLE postgres
Date: 2024-02-27 17:26:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I understand there are workarounds, but generally the software
automatically creates a postgres role during initialization.
Including "CREATE ROLE postgres;" in the dumpall will cause the script to
throw an error. This came to light while doing PostgreSQL upgrades. I'm
finding that turning on ON_ERROR_STOP makes sense to ensure that there
isn't some problem in our data or stored procedures that goes unnoticed
during upgrades. The fact that a "CREATE ROLE postgres" statement is
created in every dumpall means loading the script into a new server means
an error is thrown and execution stops.