Re: Seeming contradiction in 22.1

From: maja zaloznik <maja(dot)zaloznik(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Seeming contradiction in 22.1
Date: 2023-03-22 22:41:04
Lists: pgsql-docs

Thanks for your reply David,

i think you are right about the natural way to interpret the text -
although if that was the intention it could probably be worded more clearly
e.g. by adding 'renamed' or 'instead' or both.

My issue is that - at least as far as i can recall - the default superuser
was already named postgres, in which case that interpretation doesn't work.
I apologize if I'm mistaken, I've only setup a cluster twice and an not
100% on this.

Also, i forgot to mention the first time : kudos to everyone for the
insanely good documentation, it really is outstanding!

Best,
Maja