Re: Operating of synchronous master when no standby is available

From: Sergey Cherukhin <sergey(dot)cherukhin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Operating of synchronous master when no standby is available
Date: 2023-10-03 08:51:16
Lists: pgsql-general

I already have rep_mode set to "sync", but the primary node switches to
async mode only if the replica is shutted down correctly. When I shut down
the replica by powering it off to emulate power unit failure, primary
remains in sync mode until "pcs resource cleanup" is performed. I think it
is possible to run resource cleanup in script on cluster alert.