Re: Moderation

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Moderation
Date: 2021-08-16 21:29:26
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 9:45 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> * Adrian Klaver (adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com) wrote:
> > >
> > >Those are just wrappers that we build that depend on regular packages
> > >but add a bit of configuration and such, but nothing that is likely to
> > >be interesting to this. pgbouncer isn't required, certainly PG is but
> > >it could be 11, 12, or probably others. We use exim for most of our
> > >email and we have a wrapper package to make exim wait for PG to start up
> > >since our exim config queries the PG database for things (the actual
> > >exim config is backed up but isn't part of the package since it's
> > >different on our pglister system from other ones).
> > >
> > >As much as I'd like this to all be automated and easy to deploy, it
> > >isn't today. One thing that might help is that the processes which need
> > >to be started are:
> > >
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_bounceprocessor.service
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_cleanup.service
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_eximcleaner.service
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_mailprocessor.service
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_mailsender.service
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_moderationprocessor.service
> >
> > Interesting, but I still don't see where these packages/code/etc can be
> > found?
>
> They're not somewhere public today and I don't know if that's likely to
> change anytime soon.

The systemd service files are. They're in the suspiciously named
"systemd" directory in the repo...

But yes, a general list of requirements is definitely missing, along
with proper detailed instructions. I definitely recall a mythical
"someone" offering to do a test install and actually write that all
up, btu I can't remember who it was and clearly that project was never
finished :/

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: https://www.hagander.net/