Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages
Date: 2013-12-17 12:19:06
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> On 12/16/2013 03:20 PM, Lenz Grimmer wrote:
> > I'd like to ask if it would be possible to add Oracle Linux to the list
> of
> > distributions on the PostgreSQL download pages. In particular, I'd like
> > suggest the following changes:
>
> I don't see any reason why we wouldn't list OL alongside the other Red
> Hat variants, if the RPMs work on it.

We should only add those if we are willing to support Oracle Linux.
Otherwise we could just make a footnote somewhere saying that they should
work there too, but are not supported. At least my understanding is that we
do fully support RHEL+CentOS+SL+Fedora. If we can equally well support
Oracle it should be added to that list, if not it should be added some
other way. But if the RPMs do work, I agree it's probably a good idea to at
least mention it.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/