Re: bugs and bug tracking

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bugs and bug tracking
Date: 2015-10-07 18:54:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 8:47 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> Nathan Wagner wrote:
>
> > I am still working out exactly how to find multiple matching commits
> > along different branches. I'm running git patch-id on every commit,
> > but that will take a while.
>
> See src/tools/git_changelog (both the output and the implementation).
> Isn't that rather what you want? patch-id will give different answers
> for patches that required conflict fixing.
>
> > How often are the bugs mail list archives updated? I've got a bunch of
> > posts to the bugs list in my inbox that aren't in the archive download.
>
> As each message is received. What posts do you see that are not in the
> archive?

I'm pretty sure Nathan is talking about the publically available mbox
files, which are updated by rsync on a schedule. I don't recall exactly how
often.

However - Nathan, I'd suggest you don't focus too hard on that. As I said
before if we go somewhere with this in the end, it should use the APIs to
get the data, in which case they will be instant as Alvaro says. Some delay
during testing should not be a problem, I hope.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/