Re: pgBackrest Error : authentication method 10 not supported

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Daulat <daulat(dot)dba(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgBackrest Error : authentication method 10 not supported
Date: 2023-02-02 14:59:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 12:38 PM Daulat <daulat(dot)dba(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> uname -a
> .amzn1.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Nov 27 06:09:45 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
> GNU/Linux
>
> Postgres and pgBackrest installed from source
>
> curl -LO
> https://github.com/pgbackrest/pgbackrest/archive/release/2.43.tar.gz
> wget https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v14.6/postgresql-14.6.tar.gz

If you install from source, you have to manually configure our backrest
install to use the libraries from your manual installed postgres. By
default it will use the libraries that are part of your distribution, which
clearly are not updated. You'll be able to see that by running ldd on the
pgbackrest binary, you'll see how it uses the system libpq.9

IIRC, but not verified, in meson you can do that by setting LIBRARY_PATH
before you configure it.

//Magnus

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 2:57 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 7:46 AM Daulat <daulat(dot)dba(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have pgbackrest v.43 installed on the same server where we are
>>> running postgres v14.6 that is upgraded from postgres v.10.2
>>>
>>> ls /opt/PostgreSQL-14/lib/
>>>
>>> libecpg.a libecpg_compat.so.3.14 libpgcommon.a
>>> libpgport_shlib.a libpgtypes.so.3.14 libpq.so.5.14
>>> libecpg_compat.a libecpg.so libpgcommon_shlib.a
>>> libpgtypes.a libpq.a pkgconfig
>>> libecpg_compat.so libecpg.so.6 libpgfeutils.a
>>> libpgtypes.so libpq.so postgresql
>>> libecpg_compat.so.3 libecpg.so.6.14 libpgport.a

--
Magnus Hagander