Re: planet in more languages

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Daymel Bonne <daymel(dot)bonne(at)2ndquadrant(dot)ec>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: planet in more languages
Date: 2017-06-29 14:04:48
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi!

Thanks, this looks like a pretty good start. A few comments:

I don't particularly like a redirect to /en/ -- let's just keep english at
the /, and use /fr/ or whatnot for other languages.

Do we really need to prepopulate *all* languages? I suggest we add
languages as necessary, and instead have a text somewhere asking people to
email us to add more languages if requested. That's also going to give a
much easier to use interface.

The patch fails to take care of RSS feeds.

The planet page in non-english still comes with english menu entries and
headlines. I don't think we need (or even want) the registration interface
to be translated, but the headlines about teams and feeds and such probably
should be. And the plain texts.

//Magnus