Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror
Date: 2019-06-17 13:27:28
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 3:03 PM Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 1:59 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 2:42 PM Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

>>> Only by putting the config in the individual repo from what I can see.
>>> And that's even more ugh.
>>>

>> Same problem applies with the pgweb repo which also got a bunch of pretty
>> unfriendly messages now.
>>
>> Maybe this whole thing should've been more thought through :/
>>

> Maybe, but there was discussion, and plenty of time for people to object,
> which noone did.

Well, nobody in that discussion pointed out that we'd have to have a
message that was that unfriendly :/ Had people known, they might have
objected...

I think what's there now is far better than a bunch of un-answered PRs
> rotting away.

Oh I agree. The message should be updated to reflect the rest of the repos
though, particularly pgweb is there and is now getting incorrect
information sent out.

--
Magnus Hagander