Re: pgbuildfarm.org domain expired

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgbuildfarm.org domain expired
Date: 2018-10-25 15:06:52
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 4:05 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> * Michael Banck (michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de) wrote:
> > not sure this is the best place to report this, but it seems the
> > pgbuildfarm.org domain has expired as of now. That leaves quite a few
> > dead links on e.g. wiki here: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQ
> > L_Buildfarm_Howto
> >
> > Is this something that was expected (maybe as part of a move to
> > buildfarm.postgresql.org?)?
>
> As you likely saw, no, this wasn't intentional. That said, newer
> versions of the buildfarm code already use
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org in the example config and any buildfarm
> members impacted should be able to update their config to use that.
>
> Perhaps we should post that to the buildfarm members list...?
>
> We could also update the wiki pages to refer to buildfarm.postgresql.org
> as well.

I think that would be a good idea in general, so if someone has the time to
over it and do that, big +1 for that. (I don't think it's easy to
machine-change it)

But given that we should still try to ressurect that domain name, there are
likely a lot of links that are going to stay around for quite some time.
--
Magnus Hagander