Re: Operating systems no longer supported in latest

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Operating systems no longer supported in latest
Date: 2017-02-26 15:13:28
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

> On about/ we list SGI IRIX and Tru64 as operating systems PostgreSQL runs
> on
> which while true, is a bit misleading since neither is supported in the
> latest
> versions. IRIX support was retired in 9.4 with ea91a6be89575 and Tru64 in
> 9.5
> with a6d488cb538c8.
>
> I propose linking the entries to the featurematrix platform group (as in
> attached patch) and adding features for IRIX and Tru64 support for the
> appropriate versions to clarify.

That doesn't work very well in combination with the fact that we by default
hide the features with no differences -- there is nothing listed under
platforms at all in the default view.

I also think it's kind of weird to link some OSes there but not others. I
think it'd look better with a general list of the available platforms and
then a separate sentence linking to the feature matrix for more details, or
something like that?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/