Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Vick Khera <vivek(at)khera(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2017-11-20 19:40:08
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 8:37 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 11/20/2017 11:11 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> Vick Khera <vivek(at)khera(dot)org> writes:
>>
>>> Did the list software change? All my messages from here are not being
>>> properly auto-files by the filter I have set up.
>>>
>> Yes - did you not see either of the "migration to pglister" messages?
>> There's a summary of the changes at
>>

> I certainly didn't. It is rather difficult for people with day lives that
> do not revolve around postgresql.org to keep up with the large amount of
> traffic that comes from the lists.

Which is why the extra email was sent *after* the migration, to make sure
it would be the first one *not* hitting peoples filters, and thus have a
chance of being read even if the others weren't.

> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGLister_Announce
>>
>> Those looking to unsubscribe should also read that page. Sending
>> "unsubscribe" messages to the list will not accomplish anything
>> except to annoy the rest of the list membership.
>>

> This is true but I would suggest it was a flaw in the migration not the
> user wondering why they are currently getting spammed because their filters
> no longer work.

So do you have any suggestions for actually fixing that? Given that we have
more lists to migrate, if you can figure out a way to make those changes
without peoples filters not matching, we'd be happy to hear it..

--
Magnus Hagander