Re: Installing the commitfest app locally for testing/development

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installing the commitfest app locally for testing/development
Date: 2022-11-29 13:38:26
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 1:54 PM Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have installed the commitfest app locally with the lofty aspiration
> of proposing
> some minor modifications which might make life easier for any future CF
> managers, and maybe reviewing a couple of existing patches for it.
>
> I have it running without issue as per the README; I would like to add
> a couple of "patches", but it seems like it wants to query an API to
> the mailing list archives, which requires a key, which of course I don't
> have.
>
> Is there a recommended approach for resolving this? I've tried searching
> the list archives and googling, to no avail.

Sadly, the answer to that one right now is "also set up the archives
locally".

Maybe it would be worthwhile to create a tiny mock API for that, as part of
the cf app, that would just deliver some fake data?

--
Magnus Hagander