Re: cannot reach repository pgdg94/7Server/x86_64

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Davenport, Julie" <JDavenport(at)ctcd(dot)edu>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cannot reach repository pgdg94/7Server/x86_64
Date: 2018-12-18 09:40:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 10:38 AM Davenport, Julie <JDavenport(at)ctcd(dot)edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Last week I had to renew a self-signed certificate on when of my RHEL 7
> servers that uses Postgresql 9.4, and since then I am not able to reach the
> pgdg94/7Server/x86_64 repository when I try to check for yum updates. We
> had installed postgres on this server using yum and all updates to it since
> then using yum, and never had an issue before. Now I get this error:
>

> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.4/redhat/rhel-7Server-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] curl#77 - "Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)"
>
> Trying other mirror.
>

> I consulted with Redhat and they said there's likely a certificate that
> got removed during my renewal process that needs to be reimported, but
> since it's not Red Hat's repository they can’t help with the certificate or
> process to reinstall it.
>

> I’m searching in the postgres maillists on the repository name and but I
> cannot find documentation on how to reach this repository or what is
> required, or the certificate issue. Any suggestions?

Hi!

This repository uses a standard public LetsEncrypt certificate. You can try
accessing that URL in your browser and you will see that it works. You may
be missing a root certificate in your system somewhere - there is no
PostgreSQL specific root or cert required.

--
Magnus Hagander