Re: search dropdown preset

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: search dropdown preset
Date: 2017-07-08 20:57:59
Lists: pgsql-www

On Saturday, July 8, 2017, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl> wrote:

> If you're here:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/
>
> and decide to use the 'Advanced Search' link,
> it throws you back at searching *all* lists:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1
>
> instead of keeping the 'pgsql-hackers'-focus.
> Yes, there is a drop-down but obviously it should not
> be necessary to choose 'pgsql-hackers' there again
> (and it's more than a scroll down on that drop-down).
>
> Please, could this dropdown be pre-set to the already
> chosen area? (in the above case: 'pgsql-hackers')
>
> I looked at the pgsql-www code but I didn't see how to quickly fix this.

Yeah, that's not quite as obvious as it could be. The reason is that part
of that code lives in the repository for the mailinglist archives software,
and part in the code for the main website.

> Still, I imagine it is probably an easy change for someone
> familiar with that code.
>
> Could it perhaps be so improved? It's a small frequently suffered
> annoyance.

Yeah, definitely agreed. Turns out it is really really trivial to do, just
add a single value into the template :) Will push once I'm back to
connectivity (along with some code cleanups on the pgweb side to make
future updates easier)

Thanks for the report!

//Magnus

--