Re: Streaming commtifest as RSS feed

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Nikolay Shaplov <dhyan(at)nataraj(dot)su>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming commtifest as RSS feed
Date: 2018-02-05 12:54:47
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 10:34 PM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 12:27 AM, Nikolay Shaplov <dhyan(at)nataraj(dot)su>
> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > For my own purposes I wrote a script that creates an RSS feed of new
> patches
> > submitted to commitfest (so I can choose one I can review).
> >
> > Not it just parses the commitfest site (and caches what can be cached)
> >
> > It now works online at http://perl.nataraj.su/
> commitfest-rss/commitfest-rss.pl
> >
> > The script itself is in the attachment.
> >
> > It perfectly suits me, but I think others may also need something like
> this.
> > For example a feed of "ready for commiter" patches or feed of patches
> with
> > "commited" or "returned with feedback" statuses.
> > Or may be even some per patch feeds with the history of status changes.
> >
> > I think that these all things is better to write taking data right from
> the
> > commtifest DB.
> > If you need such feeds, and perl is acceptable as an implementation
> language,
> > I can write script for all these cases.
>
> Good idea ! It should quite easy to implement in commitfest web engine
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgcommitfest2.git;a=summary

This is definitely something that would be easy to add to the CF app
directly, if we can come up with a good list of what feeds we want, and
what we want in them.

We already have feeds for activity log on a global or on a per-commitfest
level. So we already have all the infrastructure in place (which is mostly
just using the Django modules for it anyway) -- adding new feeds is trivial.

--
Magnus Hagander