Re: Apt & Downloads page

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Apt & Downloads page
Date: 2015-06-12 14:05:56
Lists: pgsql-www

On Jun 11, 2015 6:10 PM, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> On 06/11/2015 02:52 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> those commands into a script and execute a script.
>>
>> So what would actually be required to use apt-add-repository? Does it
>> require some extra metadata to be published, or is it just about the
>> instructions themselves? If so,what should they be for Ubuntu?
>

> Here is the verbiage on it:
>
> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man1/add-apt-repository.1.html
>
> Looks like we could have a ppa, that ppa I assume would just have all the
information point to the community servers (versus landscape) or we can
also use the command line options to add the repo directly or both.

Pretty sure ppa requires it to be on launchpad, no?

And afaict it doesn't handle the signing keys for other repos? If so, I
don't really see the gain with having it, since we'd still need multiple
steps?

/Magnus