Re: CF app: "target version" entered twice?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, "w^3" <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CF app: "target version" entered twice?
Date: 2019-02-28 11:24:45
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 12:45 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> writes:
> > I just created a new patch in the commitfest app
> > (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/22/new/). The app asked me on the
> > first page for the target version ... and then again on the second page.
> > And it didn't remember what I selected first.
>
> Yeah, I noticed the same a couple days ago.
>
> > I suppose the fix is just to remove the "target version" selectable on
> > the first page?
>
> Seems like the path of least resistance. I'm not sure this is so
> important it has to be on the first page, anyway.

That wasn't even intentional :) The form had a list of "include all fields
except x,y,z" so when the field was added it was automatically added there,
and I missed it. I've now switched it to instead list the *included* fields
so this won't happen again -- and it's easier to list 2 included fields
than 12 excluded ones.

--
Magnus Hagander