Re: Typo in "27.2.8. Synchronous Replication"

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Eric Mutta <eric(dot)mutta(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Typo in "27.2.8. Synchronous Replication"
Date: 2022-01-16 17:31:33
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 1:40 PM Eric Mutta <eric(dot)mutta(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Magnus, happy new year! Thanks for pushing the fix.
>
> Coming from an SQL Server background where the docs are hosted on GitHub and minor changes like this can be made by simply submitting a pull request, I am wondering is there anything similar for the Postgres docs?
>
> Going through a mailing list just to fix a typo feels like a lot of overhead!

Hi!

Personally, I would find sending an email to a mailing list or like
you did, filling out the form on the website, would be *less* overhead
than having to do a Pull Request (which would include checkout,
verifying builds etc, no?).

Can you enlighten me on exactly which part of the flow of that you
think would make it easier? Perhaps it's something we can adopt
something out of to make it easier for us as well. But I wonder if it
more has to do with the structure of the docs than the actual tool?
(That is, the error is on warm-standby.html, but the source is
actually in a file called high-availability.sgml)

//Magnus