pg_checksums (or checksums in general) vs tableam

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_checksums (or checksums in general) vs tableam
Date: 2019-07-10 09:42:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

How is this intended to work?

pg_checksums enumerate the files. What if there are files there from a
different tableam? Isn't pg_checksums just going to badly fail then, since
it assumes everything is heap?

Also, do we allow AMs that don't support checksumming data? Do we have any
checks for tables created with such AMs in a system that has checksums
enabled?

--
Magnus Hagander