Re: Python3 for PostgreSQL 14

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: Дмитрий Иванов <firstdismay(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Python3 for PostgreSQL 14
Date: 2021-10-27 13:10:34
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 10:40 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 10/23/21 13:00, Дмитрий Иванов wrote:
> > Да.
> > Python extension issues occurred on Windows Server 2012 and Windows 10
> > Pro. Experimentally, when installing version 3.7.4, everything worked.
>
> If you used the EDB installer for the Windows install of Postgres then
> you need to use their Language Pack to match up with what the plpython
> expects.
>
> > This is my first time deploying Debian, and since I didn't want to
> > deploy multiple versions, I asked a question. I have installed Python
> > 3.10 x64. when faced with a lack of information on installing an
> > extension pack, it would be a good idea to highlight this in the help.
> >
> https://debian.pkgs.org/11/postgresql-amd64/postgresql-plpython3-14_14.0-1.pgdg110+1_amd64.deb.html
> > <
> https://debian.pkgs.org/11/postgresql-amd64/postgresql-plpython3-14_14.0-1.pgdg110+1_amd64.deb.html
> >:
>
> This is the Debian project packages, not something the Postgres project
> controls.

It is correct that the postgres project itself does not, but the Postgres
debian packaging team packages both the packages for debian and those for
apt.postgresql.org, so it's still the same people that does.

So there's actually a lot more crossover there than when you look at the
EDB provided packages for example, where the team is completely
indepdendent.

--
Magnus Hagander