Re: Compiling postgres for windows with src/tools/msvc.build.bat

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: celso(at)sysrs(dot)com(dot)br
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiling postgres for windows with src/tools/msvc.build.bat
Date: 2023-05-02 08:10:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 12:47 AM Celso Lorenzetti <celso(at)sysrs(dot)com(dot)br> wrote:

> Hi, how do I set --prefix when compiling postgres for windows using
> /src/tools/msvc/build.bat?
>

> I created the /src/tools/msvc/config.pl file with $config->{prefix} =
> 'MyPostgreSQL';
>

> But the .exe and .dll are generated in /release/... and not in
> MyPostgreSQL/...
>

> some help please!

The build step is just like "make" on Unix/Linux, meaning it just builds,
and doesn't install, and therefore does not care about a prefix parameter.

To install, you use the "install.bat <prefix>" command -- where you specify
the directory on the commandline. That's the equivalent of the combination
of --prefix and "make install" on Unix/Linux.

--
Magnus Hagander