Re: Missing America event

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing America event
Date: 2021-02-24 12:06:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 12:57 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 09:47:29AM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 1:21 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> > >
> > > PGCon/Ottawa will be having only an unconference in May:
> > >
> > > https://www.pgcon.org/2021/
> > >
> > > This leaves missing Postgres activity for this spring, particularly for
> > > America continent time zones. Is there any interest in putting together
> > > some kind of online conference during this period? I can easily get
> > > online platform funding and technical help.
> >

> > PostgreSQL US has an open call for proposals listed on their site at
> > https://postgresql.us/ (directly under News), with a deadline this
> > week. Hopefully something good can come from that -- but please reach
> > out with a proposal there!
>
> It says:
>
> The United States PostgreSQL Association (PgUS) is calling for
> conference proposals for a Virtual Event to be held in the Fall of 2021.
>
> so it is for the Fall of this year, not in the next few months.

Oh, I missed that. I just got to the part about calling for conference
proposals for a virtual conference.

That said, it's probably too late for most attempts to make a full
virtual conference in the next few months. It takes more preparations
than that... But a smaller event could probably be managed, if someone
wants to.

//Magnus