Re: http links on featurematrix

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: http links on featurematrix
Date: 2017-02-18 12:36:51
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

> Feature descriptions with links are currently rendering them as http://
> rather
> than https:// (simply because that’s what’s in the database) and any link
> stored with https:// won’t be picked up as we’re looking for http://
> afaict.
> Support both protocols and rewrite http to https on the fly for local
> links to
> save a redirect.
>
> The proper solution is to rewrite in the database of course, and if done
> this
> patch is moot (unless we want to support non-local description links to
> http).

I think we should definitely change it in the database, and have done so.

I've applied the part of the patch that accepts both http and https. Found
a few other http links in there as well that are simply incorrect (like
links to old developer.postgresql.org docs builds) that I cleaned up while
at it.

Thanks!

--
Magnus Hagander