Re: I still do not have moderation on pgsql-announce & cannot send out 9.1 RC1 announcement

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I still do not have moderation on pgsql-announce & cannot send out 9.1 RC1 announcement
Date: 2011-08-23 16:29:44
Lists: pgsql-www

On Aug 23, 2011 6:17 PM, "Joshua Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> WWW,
>
> As I brought up a *month* ago on this list, I do not have the permission
to moderate messages on pgsql-announce. I am supposed to have it.

> As a result, the 9.1 RC1 announcement is sitting in the approval queue for
-announce.

There is nothing in the queue.

> Who has the ability to fix the pgsql-announce list admins? Surely someone
on -WWW must have this ability? Or is the list just broken?

Marc + Alvaro would be my best guess.

/Magnus

> It is critical that this be fixed before 9.1 final.
>
> To repeat details from last month, I can log in to the admin web interface
for pgsql-announce, but when I access the moderation page I get:

> Showtokens error:
> Your request was denied.
>
> An administrative password is required to use the showtokens command.
>
> Please use the "help admin_passwords" command to see an introduction
> to administrative passwords.
>
> Administrative passwords may have insufficient privileges if the
> access_password_override setting is turned off. Please use the
> "help configset_access_password_override" command for more details.
>
> ... poking around the interface, I seem to have an administrative login,
but with no ability to actually change any settings.