Re: Archives down? 503 error

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Archives down? 503 error
Date: 2015-10-06 07:04:48
Lists: pgsql-www

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/54B70C3F.4020102@dunslane.net

> > Error 503 Backend fetch failed
> >
> > Backend fetch failed
> > Guru Meditation:
> >
> > XID: 13756651
> >
> > Varnish cache server
>
> Yeah, zalkon was having issues resolving DNS for wrigleys. Seemed to be
> some kind of intermittent ipv6 or possibly ipv6+DNS issue. Also appears
> to have now cleared by itself..

Just to be clear, neither DNS or wrigleys have anything at all to do with
delivering the archives Web pages. And I'm pretty sure the backend
communication is actually ally v4 on that one.

That said, general network issues obviously does, so that's probably what
the issue was.

/Magnus