Re: Wiki editor privileges

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wiki editor privileges
Date: 2016-04-01 16:22:46
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 5:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Daniel,
> >
> > * Daniel Gustafsson (daniel(at)yesql(dot)se) wrote:
> > > I would like wiki editor privileges for the PostgreSQL wiki, my
> username is
> > > D_gustafsson.
> >
> > I'm afraid the wiki system really doesn't like underscores in
> > usernames, so this isn't the trivial change I was hoping it was.
> >
> > Magnus or Stefan, can one of you shed some light as to how we handle
> > this case...?
>
> We already tried this recently and we ended up asking the person to
> create another account.
>
> We should really just forbid underscores in community account names, I
> think.

It would be easy enough to do that for new accounts. But before doing that
we should probably figure out what other non-alphanumeric things that need
to be locked. Other examples taht we have that could be a problem maybe,
would be things like @,-,/,=%,,... And what about non-ascii names?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/