Re: git.postgresql.org repo request?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: git.postgresql.org repo request?
Date: 2014-02-10 15:33:31
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 5:15 AM, Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there any chance of creating a personal repo for me in
> git.postgresql.org? I used the request page quite a long time ago and
> didn't hear back.

A personal repo for what? :)

And yes, we are generally pretty sucky at approving repositories.

If it's just for a "temporary development branch", we really try to avoid
putting those on git.postgresql.org these days - simply because there are
other services such as github or bitbucket (or even sourceforge these days)
that do a better job than us. And also does so without requiring any work
from our quite limited team.

It's a useful backup for when Github misbehaves among other things.

Isn't the point of git that you don't have a central point? :) As in, the
backup is on your local box?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/