Re: [HACKERS] Schedule for migration to pglister

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Schedule for migration to pglister
Date: 2017-11-06 15:42:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> > Each list will receive an email with a link to the wiki about the
> > migration after the list has been migrated.
>
> I suggest doing that the other way 'round. Otherwise, the email
> about the change will inevitably go into a lot of peoples' bit
> buckets if they haven't adjusted their mail filters yet.

The argument for doing it after the migration is that the complaints that
we have received so far have all been from people where email ends up in
the *inbox* after the migration, not the bitbucket. That's the default
action in most peoples MUAs when their rules no longer match...

--
Magnus Hagander