Re: PostgreSQL corruption

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: James Sewell <james(dot)sewell(at)jirotech(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL corruption
Date: 2017-02-14 17:10:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 5:21 AM, James Sewell <james(dot)sewell(at)jirotech(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am working with a client who is facing issues with database corruption
> after a physical hard power off (the machines are at remote sites, this
> could be a power outage or user error).
>
> They have an environment made up of many of the following consumer grade
> stand alone machines:
>
> - Windows 7 SP1
> - PostgreSQL 9.2.4

If you're using 9.2.4, you are missing about 4 years worth of bugfixes.
While what you're talking aobut sounds like other issues, you should really
upgrade that to something that doesn't have loads of known bugs and then
re-run the tests.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/