Re: Updates "What's New" URL

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jonathan Katz <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Updates "What's New" URL
Date: 2012-09-26 01:02:58
Lists: pgsql-www

jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a patch that updates "What's New" URL to point to the 9.2 release
notes (see attached).

> Thanks - I've committed and pushed it. The change should show up soon.
>

>> One reason I'm commenting on this trivial change is that it is something
we do need to remember to do every release. Perhaps there might be an
easier method to update the "What's New" page, perhaps having it point
automatically to the new version of the release notes once we release?

> Doesn't seem unreasonable.

As a first step, did you put it on the wiki page (in the pgweb project)
that lists which steps should be made for each major release? Since its
something that only happens once a year, and we have to change a bunch of
other pages (such as which docs versions exist) then anyway, I think it's
acceptable to have it as a manual process. (i won't stand in the way if
someone wants to automate it of course...)

/Magnus