Difference between child_life_time and connection_life_time in pgPool

From: Sumeet Shukla <sumeet(dot)k(dot)shukla(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Rahul Saha <rahul(dot)blooming(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Difference between child_life_time and connection_life_time in pgPool
Date: 2016-11-21 21:47:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Can someone explain me the difference between child_life_time and
connection_life_time parameters in pgpool-II version 3.3.10 (tokakiboshi)

I found below on web:
*child_life_time:* Life of a idle child process in seconds. This will
prevent unwanted memory leaks or other problems.
*connection_life_time:* Life time for each idle connection in seconds. 0
means the life time is forever.

but I'm unable to understand the difference between idle *child process*
and idle *connection*.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Sumeet Shukla