Too many Idle Connections

From: Sumeet Shukla <sumeet(dot)k(dot)shukla(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Too many Idle Connections
Date: 2016-11-01 16:44:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I'm using pgPool and I see that there are too many idle connections (almost
95%).

Out of 9000 connections 8500 are idle at any point in time.

Any idea how can I go about it or what should be my approach to minimize
such idle connections? What parameters do I need to look into?

Thanks & Regards,
Sumeet Shukla
Ph. No. 860 000 6512