Getting postgres 90 plperl running on Amazon Linux

From: Adam Plumb <aplumb(at)fiksu(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Getting postgres 90 plperl running on Amazon Linux
Date: 2015-02-13 19:49:44
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hey guys, I'm working on getting plperl running on Amazon Linux (Perl
5.16.3) and I'm using the postgres 9.0 yum repo you're providing, and am
having trouble running 'createlang plperl'. The repo I'm using is
http://yum.postgresql.org/9.0/redhat/rhel-6.5-x86_64/.

Here is the error I'm getting:

createlang: language installation failed: ERROR: could not load library
"/usr/pgsql-9.0/lib/plperl.so": /usr/pgsql-9.0/lib/plperl.so: undefined
symbol: Perl_Iincgv_ptr

FYI the reason why I'm doing this is to live migrate/upgrade a large
production db instance from 9.0 to 9.4 and I'm attempting to use bucardo to
do so. Under Amazon I can't get bucardo to install from your repo because
it requires the perl(DBIx::Safe) package, which is not available on
Amazon's repo.

My current goal is to try to build bucardo from source (version 5.x), but I
can't seem to get plperl to install (see above error), which precludes me
from running bucardo.

Any thoughts on my plperl error? What version of perl are you guys
building against?

Thanks!
Adam Plumb