Re: Date range for pg_stat_all_tables?

From: Ronit Allen <ronit(dot)allen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Date range for pg_stat_all_tables?
Date: 2012-11-15 19:35:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi -

Thanks for below.

On 9.1 with postgresql.conf left at defaults, what period of time does a
query on pg_stat_all_tables cover?

Let's say my database has been running for exactly one year.

I then issue SELECT relname, n_tup_ins FROM pg_stat_all_tables;

Do the results show me inserts for the last 7 days? 30 days? all time?..

I don't see the answer to this in
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/monitoring-stats.html (or maybe
it is there and I am not understanding).

Thanks once again,
Ronit