pg_catalog question: Sequence attributes.

From: Raphael Araújo e Silva <rkhaotix(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_catalog question: Sequence attributes.
Date: 2013-09-04 18:33:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello people.

I'm developing a reverse engineering feature for my project and I'm having
problems with sequences.

Basically, I'm trying to get sequence attributes by query
pg_catalog.pg_class as well information_schema.sequences. But in PostgreSQL
9.0 this latter table is not filled in all fields.

My doubt: Is there some way to get all sequences attributes at once
without execute repeatedly SELECT * FROM [sequence_name]?

Also, I'm wondering if there is some way to resolve a sequence OID into
it's real representation. Let's say that my sequence called "seq_abc" has
the OID 123456. It's possible to make something like:

SELECT * FROM 123456::oid or any function that make it's to me!?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Sorry about my bad English.

--
*Raphael Araújo e Silva*