Re: Simple SQL too slow

From: Daviramos Roussenq Fortunato <daviramosrf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Simple SQL too slow
Date: 2017-07-01 16:56:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

Debian:

SELECT reltuples::numeric FROM pg_class WHERE oid = 'mytable'::regclass;
retuples=1883770
--31ms

SELECT pg_relation_filepath(oid), relpages FROM pg_class WHERE relname =
'mytable';
pg_relation_filepath=base/1003173/1204921
relpages=30452
--31ms

Windows

SELECT reltuples::numeric FROM pg_class WHERE oid = 'mytable'::regclass;
retuples=1883970
--15ms

SELECT pg_relation_filepath(oid), relpages FROM pg_class WHERE relname =
'mytable';
pg_relation_filepath=base/24576/205166
relpages=30449
--16ms