maximum number of databases and / or schemas in a single database instance

From: Menelaos PerdikeasSemantix <mperdikeas(dot)semantix(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: maximum number of databases and / or schemas in a single database instance
Date: 2012-08-04 19:24:07
Lists: pgsql-general

The following page:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/

mentions some limits but not the following:

[1] maximum number of databases per database server instance
[2] maximum number of schemas per database

Is there empirical information on whether both these values can be as high
as a few hundreds? (I don't really need any more for my use case)

Thanks,
Menelaos.