Does PLPythonU support COPY table FROM string?

From: Dominik Czarnota <dominik(dot)b(dot)czarnota(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Does PLPythonU support COPY table FROM string?
Date: 2015-08-28 12:58:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Is there any possibility to make COPY from list of records in PLPythonU?

I've tried to simply call `plpy.execute(query)` with such query:

COPY table (field1, field2, field3) FROM STDIN DELIMITER',';
val1,val2,val3
\.

But it fails with not so explicit error:
ProgrammingError: (psycopg2.ProgrammingError) spiexceptions.SyntaxError:
syntax error at or near "val1"
LINE 2: val1,val2,val3
^

However the same thing works in psql.

After some googling I found out that it doesn't work inside sql functions
because there is no STDIN (
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/000501c5acc9$83747aa0$0501a8c0@plexus
).

I've got working solution which was saving tmp file and then calling `COPY
table FROM 'path'` but that's not cool.

Did I miss something in plpythonu api? If not, where can I post "feature
request" for that?
Or can you point me place where I could dig into the code and implement it?

----
Dominik Czarnota