Re: Does PLPythonU support COPY table FROM string?

From: Dominik Czarnota <dominik(dot)b(dot)czarnota(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Does PLPythonU support COPY table FROM string?
Date: 2015-09-02 19:51:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Unless I miss something, cursor won't help here - it is to retrieve data,
not to insert it.

I just need a missing feature of `plpy` to do COPY (actually doable, but
from file).

Anyway, after normalizing my tables and removing constraints and indexes
for the time of data loading, the current solution (COPY FROM file that is
saved a moment before...) is enough.
Although, if there is any place I can post to make a "feature request" to
add methods that would do postgres COPY in plpy, I would be thankful for
pointing me that place.