Re: pg_restore but for full user and roles, etc

From: Zaid Shabbir <zaidshabbir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_restore but for full user and roles, etc
Date: 2024-07-26 17:33:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Great Wells you got your answer. I just want to one more thing regarding
'--no-role-passwords' switch

Since password values aren't needed when this option is specified, the role
information is read from the catalog view pg_roles instead of pg_authid.
Therefore, this option also helps if access to pg_authid is restricted by
some security policy.