Re: Configuration tips for very large database

From: "Mathis, Jason" <jmathis(at)enova(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
Cc: Nico Sabbi <nicola(dot)sabbi(at)poste(dot)it>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Configuration tips for very large database
Date: 2015-02-12 23:14:00
Lists: pgsql-performance

I can't speak to the numbers postgresql can or cannot do but the numbers
above sound very very doable. If you can get a hold of *greg smith's
postgresql high performance*, I always liked his method of tuning buffers
and checkpoints using the background writer stats. All of which can help
with the IO load and caching.

good luck!