Re: Materialized view from PG to Oracle?

From: Roy Anderson <roy(dot)anderson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Materialized view from PG to Oracle?
Date: 2014-03-16 16:29:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you for the info Ian! Maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong
perspective... Please review below.

*My Current process:*
Oracle DB1
|--->materialized view log (records changes to table X)

Oracle DB2
|--->materialized view (pulls data from mv log every 3 minutes)

*My Future process:*
PostgreSQL DB1
|---> "something" records changes to table X

Oracle DB2
|---> "something" pulls data every 3 minutes

Why I really like the current process is because it is so light-weight in
terms of system resources. Do you (or anyone else) have a recommendation
for my situation?

Thank you for your time. I sincerely appreciate it.

-Roy Anderson