Re: Bad sorting on source

From: Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Subject: Re: Bad sorting on source
Date: 2014-02-28 23:09:34
Lists: pgsql-www

> On 02/04/2014 09:09 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> On 02/04/2014 12:19 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com
>>> <mailto:barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>> wrote:

>>> versions

>>> I get my source mainly from GIT these days, but now you mention it
>>> I've been
>>> annoyed by having to scroll down the growing list to find the latest
>>> versions,
>>> so +1 from me. I can put my keyboard where my mouth is if there's some
>>> coding needed to fix this.
>>>

>>> I know somebody was working on this before, but I can't actually
>>> remember who it was :O
>>>
>>> I don't think I've seen a patch.
>>>
>>> Thus you are more than welcome to contribute :) git.postgresql.org
>>> <http://git.postgresql.org>, project is "pgweb" :)
>>
>> hmm pretty sure I actually had a patch somewhere - not entirely sure I
>> can find it again :)
>
> while investigating an unrelated issue I actually found that code again
> - I have now pushed a quick fix that should make the sorting much more
> sensible, at least for the main postgresql sources...

Damn, I was actually half-way towards a solution, though it was taking
a bit longer than anticipated as I was learning Python as I was going along.
(btw until now I had absolutely no idea that the Pg website is Python/Django
based). Still, now I a) know some Python and b) have some idea of how to
work with the website code.

Anyway thanks for that, looks good :)

Regards

Ian Barwick