Re: how can I use "pg_basebackup" and not include pg_log of master ?

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: lin <jluwln(at)163(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how can I use "pg_basebackup" and not include pg_log of master ?
Date: 2017-03-20 12:43:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:28 PM, lin <jluwln(at)163(dot)com> wrote:
> all. I use "pg_basebackup" to make slave, but the master has too large
> logs of pg_log, How Can I use "pg_basebackup" but not include logs of
> "pg_log" ?

Unfortunately not, there have been several discussions about being
able to define a blacklist of paths when taking a backup but nothing
has showed up in the code tree. For log files, there is a trick
though: you can define log_directory with an absolute path pointing
out of PGDATA so those logs won't be included in base backups.
--
Michael