Re: BUG #14915: Create sub-partitioning using GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY will lead to system collapse.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: 691525127(at)qq(dot)com
Subject: Re: BUG #14915: Create sub-partitioning using GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY will lead to system collapse.
Date: 2017-11-17 02:05:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 10:52 AM, <691525127(at)qq(dot)com> wrote:
> However, the server connection failed in actual implementation.
> What is the reason for that? Will it be a bug?

This issue is already discussed here, happening as well for typed
tables (original bug is about typed tables, I bumped into the
partition bit after more testing):
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20171023074458.1473.25799@wrigleys.postgresql.org
There is a patch which actually blocks any hole with an error message
instead of actual support as this feature support requires a bit of
refactoring when working on constraint clauses at parsing. And that's
a work about which we are not completely sure what's the best
direction to take, so for v10 things will likely go through the road
of a feature-not-supported error.
--
Michael