Re: Bug in psql (\dd query)

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ivan Radovanovic <radovanovic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Bug in psql (\dd query)
Date: 2013-08-22 06:55:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Ivan Radovanovic
<radovanovic(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On 08/21/13 16:03, Tom Lane napisa:
>

> Problem is if you create table in schema other than public (I am not sure if
> \dd should show comments only for objects in public schema, I assumed not?)
>
> db=# create schema test;
> CREATE SCHEMA
> db=# create table test.foo (f1 int primary key);
> NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "foo_pkey"
> for table "foo"
> CREATE TABLE
> db=# comment on constraint foo_pkey on test.foo is 'here is a comment';
> COMMENT
> db=# \dd
>
> Object descriptions
> Schema | Name | Object | Description
> --------+------+--------+-------------
> (0 rows)
¥dd outputs information of objects of schemas referenced in
search_path. Your example works if you change this parameter
accordingly to your new schema:
=# create schema test;
CREATE SCHEMA
=# create table test.foo (f1 int primary key);
CREATE TABLE
=# comment on constraint foo_pkey on test.foo is 'here is a comment';
COMMENT
=# \dd
Object descriptions
Schema | Name | Object | Description
--------+------+--------+-------------
(0 rows)

=# set search_path to 'test';
SET
=# \dd
Object descriptions
Schema | Name | Object | Description
test | foo_pkey | constraint | here is a comment
(1 row)

Regards,
--
Michael