Re: Create temporary table in replica instances issues

From: Saravanan Shanmugam <saravanantvr1984(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Create temporary table in replica instances issues
Date: 2022-07-28 09:25:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

We have AWS RDS with Primary and replica node to balance IO RW for
application performance,

In such cases we will be livergaing all read related queries to replica
nodes,
sometimes we will create temp tables not physical tables and do some
complicated queries .

PG SQL replica node throws Create table not allowed in reader-instance
But this not Physical table its temporary table, in MS-SQL and MYSQL are
supporting, Why Pgsql is not supporting??

Please do we have this option to enable or is this a bug??

--
Many thanks,
Saravanan Shanmugam

--