Re: Why mention to Oracle ?

From: Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Roberto Mello <roberto(dot)mello(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(at)vondra(dot)me>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why mention to Oracle ?
Date: 2024-09-24 15:59:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Em dom., 22 de set. de 2024 às 12:49, Roberto Mello <roberto(dot)mello(at)gmail(dot)com>
escreveu:

> If you're volunteering to add a MySQL, SQL Server, Mongo, etc porting to
> the docs, I'm sure it could be a
> nice addition.

And if we create a page like https://www.postgresql.org/about/featurematrix/
But instead of Postgres versions we have other vendors.
Every feature would have a Postgres way of doing and what differs from his
old database.
Feature PostgreSQL Oracle SQL Server MySQL Firebird
SELECT N ROWS LIMIT 10 TOP 10 FIRST 10
CONCAT STRINGS 'Name: ' || Name 'Name: ' + Name
REBUILD INDEX REINDEX ALTER INDEX… REBUILD
CURRENT DATE CURRENT_DATE GETDATE
This is just an example, for sure there would be several tables, for DMLs,
for DDL, for Maintenance ...

What do you think ?

regards
Marcos